Although there are many different brace options available, two of the most popular are Invisalign and the traditional braces. Here is an overview of each and some of the advantages of Invisalign and traditional braces.
At Mountain Orthodontics, an Invisalign treatment plan will be specifically designed for you by Dr. Ball. Clear aligner therapy, such as Invisalign, includes a series of aligners which apply pressure to gradually move teeth to the desired position. Aligners are removable and must be worn consistently to work. Invisalign aligners are BPA free and clear, making them almost invisible.
For Invisalign to work, you are expected to wear them at least 22 hours per day, removing the aligners only to eat or brush and floss your teeth.
Some of the advantages of Invisalign include:
- They are almost invisible, making them extremely popular for adults.
- Oral hygiene may be easier. Clear aligner therapy does not require wires or brackets, making oral hygiene less time consuming than with traditional braces.
- Minimal impact on your daily routine. You can eat and drink with fewer restrictions with Invisalign braces because you take the aligners out before each meal.
Traditional braces are a tried, tested and true way of straightening teeth and can be used for a wide range of orthodontic problems such as overbite and complex tooth alignment.
Traditional braces are comprised of a set of brackets and bands that are bonded to each individual tooth. They are all connected by a wire that is tightened and readjusted at your orthodontic appointments. This pressure corrects a wide range of orthodontic problems leaving you with a straight, beautiful smile and great overall bite.
Some of the advantages to the traditional brace method include:
- Suitable for any age and can be used for a wide range of orthodontic treatments.
- They have a wider application than Invisalign braces.
- They are more suitable for younger patients whose mouths are constantly evolving.
Which Type is Right For You?
There is no easy answer to this question. Both brace types offer distinct advantages and both have limitations. At Mountain Orthodontics we offer both Invisalign and traditional brace treatments and can assist you in determining the right orthodontic treatment for you.